Horseware Micklem® Breastplate MartingaleAdd to Wish List
The Horseware Micklem® Breastplate Martingale is a stunning ergonomically designed 3-point elasticated leather breastplate offering the very best in comfort and safety whether showjumping or out on the cross-country field. Our designers chose to work with the 3-point breastplate template to allow your horse greater freedom of movement around the shoulder while jumping, but giving this basic design a serious upgrade with numerous adjustable safety and comfort details that you and your horse will love.
The Horseware Micklem® Breastplate and Martingale is styled in quality leather incorporating tough elasticated sections. We've added detachable D-Ring Straps to offer versatile use as a Martingale or Breastplate. There are maximum adjustment options on the sides of the neck, an underbelly strap and detachable martingale attachment to create a snug, reliable and tailored fit when in use. An extra (removable) safety strap clips across your horse's withers for you to hold, whether exercising fresh, young or exuberant jumpers, or for more novice riders to help improve balance. Top clips attach to the D-rings of your saddle, but we have also included attachments for the stirrup bars, which offer a safer and more secure attachment point without the risk of damaging your saddle.
Designed from the inside out, the Micklem way!
Material and Care
Eco-tanned Buffalo Leather.
- Before you use a new leather product for the first time, make sure you oil it thoroughly. Oiling tack makes it supple and prevents it from drying out and cracking or breaking during use. After an initial cleaning, follow regular wash instructions.
- Care for your leather regularly with a damp sponge and saddle soap to retain a soft, solid leather. It is essential for leather care and must be used liberally, always before hydrating the leather with a conditioner.
- Use warm water to dampen a sponge. Squeeze any excess water out of the sponge before using it. Wipe down all the pieces of the bridle to remove sweat, dirt and grease. Allow the leather to dry naturally before applying saddle soap. This will help to remove any stubborn dirt or grease left over.
- Pay particular attention to cleaning areas of your bridle that are typically under pressure during riding and exposed to saliva, such as bit straps, bottom back strap, and reins where they come in contact with bit.
- It is recommended that you regularly apply conditioner. Completely dismantle your bridle when applying conditioner and apply with a soft cloth or sponge. Apply the conditioner once you have cleaned your leatherwork with saddle soap.
- Once clean and dry, reassemble your bridle and loop reins through top back strap for storage.
- A climate-controlled environment is best for tack. Dry heat will make leather brittle, while humidity can cause it to mould and mildew.
- Storing your bridle in a fleece lined bridle bag will help prevent moisture.
All Horseware Ireland products are designed and manufactured at the highest quality standards and come with a 2 year warranty if deemed faulty at the point of purchase.
Shipping & Returns
|Bridles & Leather