Horseware® Amigo® 3-in-1 CamoFly
SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO HELP CAMOUFLAGE HORSES FROM PESKY BUGS AND FLIES. The brand new Horseware Amigo® CamoFly range is a fresh approach to fly protection harnessing print and colour technology.
The monochromatic pattern may be a simple way to protect horses by helping to deter flies from landing on their body. The layered black lines on a grey background act to create an optical illusion in the eye of a fly. It breaks up the shape of the horse, so insects struggle to identify it as a target.
How does it work?
- Research surrounding how flies react to zebras and their stripes suggest that the monochrome stripes confuse flies acting as a natural deterrent to the insect.
- Based on this principle, we have created a bespoke monochromatic pattern, specifically designed to help camouflage horses from pesky bugs and flies.
- The unique print is inspired by the pattern of a fly’s wing. The layered black lines on a grey background acts to create an optical illusion in the eye of a fly.
- The pattern breaks up the shape of the horse. Insects struggle to identify the horse as a target and cannot figure out where to land.Combines the features of a lightweight turnout & fly sheet into one. The monochromatic pattern may be a simple way to protect horses by helping to deter flies from landing on their body.
RUG SIZE: 5’0 – 7’0 (110cm – 160cm)
Features & Benefits:
- Unique Fly Deterrent Print Design. Camouflages the horse from pesky bugs and flies.
- 600D Ripstop Polyester Top Section. Waterproof and breathable.
- Hybrid Construction with Polyester Mesh Sides. Providing maximum breathability to avoid overheating.
- Patented Disc Front Closure. Removes pressure and prevents rubbing of shoulder in a lightweight design.
- Shine Enhancing Shoulder, Mane and Tail lining. To prevent rubbing, promoting a healthy coat.
- Detachable Hood. Adapt to suit your horse and weather conditions.
- Three Straight Surcingles. For a secure fit.
|Horse Size||Weight||Colour||Price RRP|
Rug Weight Temperature Scale
|Measurment from A to B||Measurment from C to D|
HOW TO FIT YOUR HORSEWARE RUG
The fit of your rug is extremely important to ensure the comfort of your horse and to prevent rubbing and rug slippage. As horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take certain measurements of your horse.
Using a soft measuring tape, measure from (A) at the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) at the centre of the tail. When you have the measurement, remove 10cm (4inches) and choose your horse’s size from the table.
Bear in mind that every horse is different and that this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes.