The effective date and changes of this Privacy Notice
The types of data that we process
Our Company collects, holds and processes the following data:
- Personal Data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and includes information such as your name, address, gender, email address, birth date and phone number and other contact details. While information such as name, email address and delivery address etc. may be necessary, as we need it to provide you with the service, the rest is only collected from you if you with your freely given consent .
- If consented to, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website.
- If consented to, our servers automatically record ‘log files’ containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. IP address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on site. We use log files to build pictures of how our site is used that help us to monitor and improve the service. We cannot identify you from your log files.
- We use the Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Your form responses under “A little more info”, such as location and discipline, will be used by Horseware Products Ltd for research, marketing and commercial purposes.
- Should you decided to submit your details using the website form for the Brand Ambassador / Influencer program. the details will be used to assess your application. Further information is available in the Brand Ambassador / Influencer program Terms and Conditions.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- When you sign up for our email newsletter
- When you register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- When you voluntarily complete a customer survey, application form or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- When you use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How we secure your data
We have in place technical and organisation measures to protect your data. For more information please do not hesitate to contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org by phone on T: +353 42 9389000 or by writing to the above address.
The retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period of the data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection legislation will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. We keep personal data for a variety of purposes and for a variety of retention periods. The general guidelines for how long we retain data are based on a clear assessment of what is necessary and proportionate in our business, with particular reference to statutory obligations that apply to our business.
We will not hold your Personal Data any longer than is necessary for functions associated with this website. We will review our databases on a periodic basis, and shall delete data that is outdated, inaccurate, or no longer necessary.
For certain services, there is a specific retention period and, once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by appropriate deletion software. An example of this is WooCommerce, which we have set up to delete inactive accounts after 12 months.
The Purpose of Processing
The purpose our Company may process your data is to ensure that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account, obtain payment or notify you of the status of your order;
- Maintain and fulfil a customer / service provider relationship and to send important notices, such as communications about product purchases, product recalls, product warranty information, product safety or security information, and changes to other policy documents. (Because this information is important to the products that you purchase on Service Provider’s ecommerce platform, you will receive these communications even if you have opted out of all other communications);
- Respond to any queries you submit to us;
- Where you have consented to the sharing of your information with third parties, we will do so in accordance with Disclosure of Information to Third Parties below;
- Seek your views on our site and our marketing activities;
- Send you newsletters or other forms of communication that you register for;
- Create a variety of market research insights and to help us to better understand consumer behaviour, which in turn helps us to make smart decisions about our products and services.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
There may be occasions that we process your personal data as part of a statutory or contractual requirement. Failing to provide the personal data may result in services being withdrawn and a report made to the relevant authorities.
Our websites are not aimed to attract children and our objective is not to collect personal information from children. Anyone under the age of 16 should not use our sites unless supervised by an adult. Our site is not targeted at those under 16 years of age. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to collection and use of information from children, including the Children’s On-line Privacy Protection Act of the United States and other applicable laws or regulations in the EU.
If you agree, our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link that is included on every email newsletter.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Our Company has a legitimate interest by engaging third party processors e.g. compliance companies, I.T. Service Providers, etc. Some of these processors may have access to some or all of your data and we will ensure there is a data processing agreement in place with all such parties.
Sometimes we engage third parties to fulfil a service you have requested for example we might engage a courier to deliver your goods. The legal basis of this data processing is by way of contract. Again, we will ensure there is a data processing agreement in place with all such parties.
In certain circumstances, we may provide anonymised Personal Data to third parties, such as advertisers, researchers or other similar parties.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to other third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure. For example we use Active Campaign to send large volumes of emails, your email address will not be added to this unless you have consented. If you have any queries in this regard, please contact us on email@example.com.
We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
The details regarding any transfer of personal data to a third country and the safeguards taken
Your information is stored on secure systems on our premises and with providers of secure information storage (including cloud storage providers).
Some of our service providers, for example IT, telecommunication, payment processors, providers of administration services and contractors are based outside of the EEA. Where we authorise the processing/ transfer of your personal information outside of the EEA, we require your personal information to be protected to the standards and technical and organisational measures as detailed elsewhere in this privacy notice. If an Adequacy rule is not in place between the EU and the country in which or processors are established, the following data protection transfer mechanisms will be in place:
- Standard contractual clauses in our contracts with our service providers ensure that any personal data leaving the EEA will be transferred in compliance with EU data-protection law.
- Adherence to the EU/US Privacy Shield
- Binding Corporate Rules
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access
– You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification
– You have the right to rectification: you have the right to request that our company correct any information you believe is inaccurate or to request our company complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
– You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing
– You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing
– You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
– You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +353 42 9389000.
Automated decision-making system and profiling
Our Company will not process your data for automated decision making or profiling purposes.
This website uses “cookie” technology. A cookie is a little piece of text stored by the browser on your computer, at the request of our server – our cookies are not available to other websites. The information generated by the cookie relates to information about your use of Horseware Ireland e.g. it will record the number of user sessions on the site and track the number of users who return to the site.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Notifying you when a particular item is Back in Stock if you have selected this option
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the below websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our Sites are not set up to respond or process web browser “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals.
Google Chrome link to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&ref_topic=14666
Firefox link to https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
Internet Explorer link to https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Safari web link to https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Safari iOS link to https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201265
Blocking and deleting cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of our website and you might be prevented from using all the features available on our website.
By continuing to browse our Website, you hereby consent to this Cookies Policy regardless of your browser settings.
How to make a complaint
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact, complain or raise a query or concern to the Data Protection Commissioner. Information on how to do this is available at https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Raise-a-Concern/1716.htm . If you do not have access to the Internet, please let me know and I will provide a copy of the relevant webpages.
Horseware Ireland’s head office is located at Horseware Products Ltd., Finnabair Business Park, Dundalk, Co Louth, A91 KF5F, Ireland. Telephone: +353429389000
Our North American facility is located at Horseware Products Ltd., 1350 Cunningham Road, Kinston, NC, 28501. Telephone: 800-887-6688